Adeline and Andrew

Adeline and Andrew

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 25, 2010

So thankful...

I was so thankful when I heard that my sister and Michael were coming. Their family has been through a lot this past year with the loss of jobs and sickness. It is not that they don't want to come but aren't sure if they can. Aliyah has been sick for awhile and Aleisha wasn't sure about bringing her around a whole bunch of people. I haven't seen that little Angel since Christmas :-( I was very happy to hear though that Aleisha and Michael would be making the trip. Addy and Michael have such a special relationship and I know Addy really wanted them there. Thank you Aleisha and Michael for making the trip it meant so much to us.
Aunt Aleisha got some Andrew time. He was a little out of it after his nap but he stayed with Aleisha and from what I heard she didn't want to let him go. (Papa! Is that a ball in his shirt?)
Cousins. What a special bond they share. Michael was such a good cousin pushing Addy in the swing, pulling her in the carriage, being her "Prince" as she called him. When Addy and Michael were by Isaac and Will the boys were very curious about who Michael was and how old he was. Apparently the conversation went like this:

Isaac "who is he?"
Adeline "he is my cousin"
Isaac "how old is he?"
Adeline "he is MY COUSIN"

And then in another conversation later:

Isaac "how old are you?"
Michael "five"
(lifting up five fingers, he turns five in August)
Michael "how old are you?"
Isaac "ten"
(holding up ten fingers, Isaac turned five in April)

I remember Michael sleeping on my chest as a newborn and now he is going to be five. He is such a sweet little man and a true blessing in my life.
We love you Aleisha, Morris, Michael and Aliyah. Thank you for making it work. We are looking forward to another celebration in August.

No comments: