Adeline and Andrew

Adeline and Andrew

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, July 19, 2010

How quickly the Flu spread....

So on the way home from our supper fun day Andrew erupts in vomit all over himself, the car and his car seat. This was not expected because he didn't act like anything was wrong the entire day. When we pulled over and got him out of his seat I could literally ring out his shirt and car seat cover....they were that soaked with vomit. We decided to turn around and give him a quick bath at Kim's parents thinking that Andrew threw up from exhaustion. Once back on the road Andrew threw up two more times and then twice more until 2:30 when he finally fell asleep on my chest in the living room. James slept on the couch, Andrew eventually made it to the kid couch, and I slept on the floor getting up and doing the laundry through the night so that his blanket could be cleaned for him. At 7:00 Adeline woke up screaming my name, she was sitting in a pile of vomit. She proceeded to vomit three more times, the last being at 10:30 at night. Monday, after 24 hours Andrew threw up again so I called and got the kids an appointment. For two days all the kids ate was applesauce and saltines and only drank water. My Dr. said that it was the flu and for James and I to watch out because we would most likely get it. That night James threw up all through the night and I woke up with diarrhea and then turned right around to throw up myself. James' mom demanded to come and get the kids who were on the upswing and I could not have been more thankful. I thought that I could probably handle it but when I was throwing up in the toilet Andrew was jumping on my back wanting to wrestle and I knew that the only way I could really recover was to have some rest. James was trying to rest in bed while I gave the kids a bath, went diarrhea, packed up the kids stuff, vomited, and fed them more applesauce and saltines. This flu hit us hard and I am not saying James is a wimp but I do believe women have a higher pain tolerance then men. Or I am just Super Woman. James and I spent Tuesday and Wednesday recovering and got the kids Wednesday night. I spent all day Wednesday cleaning the entire house. I scrubbed every floor, wall, and surface. Washed all the sheets, dirty clothes, and blankets. And sanitized every toy. The kids had a wonderful time with Grandma and Grandpa showing no signs of sickness. One of the first meals Andrew got he apparently woofed it down so fast. Mr. Picky Pants wasn't so picky. I am very thankful for family so close that they were able to come and get the kids because I really don't know how James and I would have been able to do it. And also we are very happy/relieved that no one else got the flu that was with us on Saturday.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Yuck. The flu is so nasty. I'm glad you are all better now!