Adeline and Andrew

Adeline and Andrew

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, July 30, 2010

It came, it went

At 6 am Thursday morning James and I went to Mercy General Outpatient surgery to prepare for my surgery at 8 am. Everything seemed to go smoothly. I had a complete tare of my ACL and also tore my Meniscus. James and I headed home at around 2 pm. once the general anesthetic was wearing off. My whole leg was numb so I didn't feel much until the following day. The Dr. said that it would be four months until I can run, two weeks before I can drive, and within four weeks he wants me to be able to bend my leg at a 90* angle. I have an appointment next week and from there we will set up physical therapy. James carried me upstairs to bed where I slept most of the day. James Mom has come for a week to help me with the kids....or basically take care of the kids.
This morning I woke up feeling ok but since the numbing of my leg was wearing off I was hoping the pain meds would take away more of the pain. I called the Dr. office because I had also had some bleeding so I just wanted to inform them of all that. The nurse said that she would let the Dr. know and that they would call me back about the medication. At 9:30 I got up to use the bathroom and it felt like a brick was sitting on my knee. It was so painful. I made it back to bed and took a pain med since it was time and waited for it to work. It didn't. I could not believe the pain I was in, it was unbearable (and I consider myself pretty tough). I could not get a hold of anyone, James or his Mom. So I just cried and cried. I called the Dr. office but the nurse was of no help saying that I just needed to wait. Finally I got a hold of James who called his Dad and then the Dr. office, with no answer from the Dr. I took another med. Which didn't seem to work for another hour. I felt so completely helpless. My Dr. wouldn't call back, James was at work, James Mom was at the store with the kids and wasn't getting my calls (she didn't know I was in so much pain). Finally the pain started to go away and my Dr. called at 1 pm. prescribing something else. Not a fun morning. Hopefully tomorrow will go better.

Addy was my little nurse who brought me my meds, some bread to eat it with, a card that she made, Sally Portia (her stuffed bear), and beautiful flowers. She told me that since my leg hurts she has been praying for me to feel better. I think her prayers are working.

No comments: