Adeline and Andrew

Adeline and Andrew

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Here we go!

We met Angela, Maya and Sophie and dropped off Andrew. Maya was very excited for Adeline today...she has her first day of school tomorrow. Andrew grabbed right on to Angela's hand and walked with her after giving me a kiss. I was so proud by how well Andrew went with Angela...she said that he was a very good boy.
Adeline and I went home, dropped off the van and headed to school. For the first hour parents were asked to stay for orientation. I was so thankful to have this time with just Adeline and I. My brave little girl.
First day of school!
The two kindergarten rooms have their very own entrance which makes it safer for the little ones. As soon as we entered Adeline hung up her coat and backpack and then we went to her seat. There we had a check list that had us go around the room making ourselves more familiar with things like the bathroom and mailboxes. Then they had to find two new friends and ask them to write their names on the back of the paper. Adeline had no problem making friends.
Adeline sits next to Cici and Mallory...her new instant friends.
The girls (and their parents), went to talk with Mr. McLoed the school principal.
Daddy showed up as a big surprise to Adeline to share in her special day.
I love this little girl so much! I am preparing myself to say good-bye.
Mrs. Coffin read a very sweet story about a little Raccoon going to school and saying good-bye to his Mommy. I was crying and wondering if this story was for the kids or the Moms. I didn't look around to see if any other Mom's were crying, I just kept my tears to myself.
And then the kids went out to recess where they were to say good-bye. You can see Adeline had no trouble saying good-bye and running off to play. BUT...what melted my heart was after a few minutes of watching her I was ready to leave and she comes running back to me giving me a BIG hug and kiss and told me she loved me. I cried the rest of the way home.
I love you Adeline. And I am SO proud of you.

No comments: