Adeline and Andrew

Adeline and Andrew

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, August 2, 2010

Dr. Appointment

I had my Dr. appointment today and it went very well. My Dr. was very apologetic about the situation Friday and said that he would talk to, let's call her "nirE" about her late response. He could have been lying but he did say that as soon as he saw the note he told them to tell me that I could take another pill. And he seemed frustrated that it took four hours for a response. He took off the bandages and cleaned the wounds, wrote me a script for physical therapy, and gave me a few other exercises to do. I really don't know when I can drive, probably not for awhile (which stinks), but by my fourth week I should be able to bend my knee 9o*.
When I came out my mother-in-law was in the van with the kids and the kids were eating lunch. She wasn't feeling too well, took some Advil and then seemed to feel better. We made it home ate lunch ourselves and then the kids and I took a nap. When Addy and I woke up Addy yelled up the stairs that Grandma was sick. Grandpa had arrived just in time to help take over for Grandma who was laying on the couch. I felt horrible...could this have been what our family just went through two weeks before? Is that even possible? What if this lasts and she needs to go home? Can I take care of the kids? Will we all get sick again? All of these questions were going through my head. Grandpa took the kids to go and get dinner..I was impressed. Grandma went downstairs to rest and to kind of be away from all of us if it was contagious. I tried to kick it into gear. If Grandma was going to have to go home I needed to start moving around better. I remember after dinner when the kids were outside with Grandpa and Daddy, Grandma called upstairs to me while I was sweeping the floor. She has never really been forceful with me before but with the tone in her voice I could tell when she said "I wish you would stop cleaning and go sit down", I knew that I better quick. And she was right. I just can't do what my mind wants to do.
Thankfully Grandma was starting to feel better the next day and we all just spent our time indoors (since it was so hot) until Daddy came home to play with the kids. Actually by time evening came it was really nice outside. My old prego chair has really worked out well with my leg so when I go out I just sit and relax with my leg up.

No comments: