Adeline and Andrew

Adeline and Andrew

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Seaway Run 2012

I had the best cheering section come mile seven.  I was not expecting to see them until the finish line but to my surprise this is what I ran up across.  What a pick me up it was for me.  I love my family and their support.
They booked it to the finish line just in time.  We prepped the kids that I would be running fast (hopefully) and had James place them very near the finish line.  I knew that I would be faster than last year and really wanted to beat my time.  As soon as I rounded the corner there they were all ready.  Adeline came right out with her speedy little feet.  Andrew on the other hand started acting really goofy, shuffling his feet, with his eyes at the top of his head.  So in a matter of seconds I thought two things:  I could pick him up and run the rest of the way  or I could slow down, grab his hand, and cross the finish with him.  A good mom would have stopped...but I just kept running with Adeline.  In my defense I did turn around and make sure he was ok and not sad that I kept going.  And he was just fine.  In fact I think he enjoyed it more being the center of attention.  Everyone was watching, laughing, and talking about how cute he was.
I was extremely proud of my time.  I ran 9.3 miles in 1:17:03.  8:17 minute miles.  I beat my last years time by 8:28.  I was over a mile faster this year.
Thank you Daddy for your encouragement and for bringing my #1 fans.

Here are two shots from the run that their photographers captured.  The above one is during mile five on the boardwalk.  And the bottom one is of Addy and I crossing the finish line.  How fun that they captured this moment two years in a row.  What a great memory.

No comments: