Adeline and Andrew

Adeline and Andrew

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, September 17, 2010

A surprise visit

A couple of weeks ago Josh called me and said that he would like to make a trip home but would like to surprise James and stay in Muskegon the whole time. They haven't been to Muskegon since his 30th birthday party and Addy always asks them to come, so they thought, why not? They had a ticket voucher and Brooke still fly's free so they were able to fly three for the price of one. I called James work and got them to give him Friday off and that Saturday (I had to switch his weekend). Then all of the planning began.
Great Grandpa Bean was also coming in from Texas and the plan was that Grandma and Great Grandpa would pick up Josh, Bethany and Brooklynn in Detroit around ten. They then would arrive in Muskegon between twelve and one. My job was to get James to sleep and if possible make up the beds for everyone. I got the beds made and with a few tricks I got James upstairs and asleep. I also told James that I would be sleeping in with Adeline for a sleepover so that I could have her mattress made up and ready for Grandma when she arrived. I was so glad that I was able to get the beds made because their flight was delayed and they didn't get in until 2:15. At seven Josh met me upstairs with Brooklynn and I brought her into our room to surprise James. When I came in I laid Brooklynn down next to James and asked him if he could watch her so that I could get Addy ready for school. He was very confused and then saw his brother standing at the door. The surprise turned out awesome! Once we got up James saw his Mom (who was in with Addy) and his Grandpa (who was downstairs on the couch). His Dad and Erin would arrive late Friday night and then Betsey would arrive mid afternoon on Saturday. It was going to be a full house but we were all so excited and up for the occasion.

No comments: