Adeline and Andrew

Adeline and Andrew

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 3, 2010

A bit traumatic....

I have both kids in the bath....like every other time and as usual Andrew hits his max first and is ready to get out. I pull him out and start to dry him off, lotion, etc. Once I put his diaper on Adeline (who is still in the bath) starts to scream. I look over at her and she is holding her legs together crying. I ask her what is wrong and as I am doing that I look at her legs and she is bleeding pretty bad. I pull her out of the water (at this time Andrew is crying because he is half dressed and I am taking care of Addy), I put a towel between her legs to try to stop the bleeding but it doesn't really help. Once I get her to lay on the floor I check to see what happened and blood is just gushing out (in clots) and it is hard to see but I know that it is internal. She told me that she fell on Ursula (Little Mermaid Character with spiky hair). I call James but can't get ahold of him at work.....he has the Jeep (with the cars seats)...so I call my WONDERFUL friend Missy who dropped everything and drove right over. While we are waiting for Missy Andrew is so upset because I can't get to him that he vomits all over. I was surprised at how well I kept everything together I would have expected me to go crazy. I think that when something traumatic like this happens I am able to shift gears pretty fast and stay pretty calm. I get Addy dressed with a wash cloth to stop the bleeding. I get Andrew cleaned up and then Missy arrives. She drops Addy and I off to the ER and takes Andrew home with her.
In the ER they were able to see her right away. Thankfully the accident didn't cause any future damage. She was bleeding a lot but they didn't feel the need to give stitches. She bled for about five days after that, had a check up and seems to be doing very well.
How scary.....I remember putting my (not very spiritual) hands on her and praying out to God that nothing would prevent her from having kids. Thank you Lord for answering my prayer. Thank you for Missy and friends who care so much about my family.
On a funny note: We were in Olivet the other day and the pizza guy came to the door. Adeline introduced herself, Andrew and I and then proceeded to tell him the she "fell on Ursala and tore her Hymen"......I think I need to watch what I say in front of her.....it was really funny!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Yikes! You sure handle things well under pressure. . .