Adeline and Andrew

Adeline and Andrew

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Girls On The Run (training session)

I got the privilage of attending Adeline's Girls On The Run practice.  My good friend Jamie watched Andrew so that I could do this.  Adeline was very excited to have me there and as a Mom that really meant a lot.  She and I were running buddies.  14 laps around the school is 3 miles.  On the first lap Adeline was already talking about wanting to walk soon.  I encouraged her to see how far we could go.  After each lap she took a quick drink of water and then we were back on our way.  Adeline ran all 14 laps.  This is the most she has done all season and I knew she could do it.  It was such a fun experience for me as a Mom who loves to run to share this with my little lady.
The big 5k is in two weeks.  It's going to be a fun day!
 Adeline and some of her closest friends
 All of the girls getting a pep talk before the run begins.  There are about 50 girls from Lincoln Park alone.
 Adeline and my 14 dots....one for each lap run.
My big runner!  

No comments: