Adeline and Andrew

Adeline and Andrew

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Christmas on Saturday

We started Saturday like it was Christmas.  With coffee cake and the Christmas story.  After that we were able to Skype with Betsey so that it was like she was there.  We then started with the kids who opened up their presents.  I think this year we went youngest to oldest and each kid opened up one gift at a time.
After the kids we did the adults, and then we all did our stockings along with Betsey.  Grandma had mailed out her stocking so that she could be a part of it.






Fun Star Wars toys the kids loved.

All four kids......

Grandma made each of the kids blankets along with a fun stuffed animal.  The kids were in love.
I made Aunt Betsey smile for the camera....so glad we got to share this time with her.
Two random shots of me with the kids.....

I'm glad we got to enjoy today because it was all we had for our Christmas celebrations.  Unfortunately both Brooke and Gabby got sick Saturday night which then caused a domino effect with every one else in the family.  Andrew got sick on Sunday night, James and I were both sick on Tuesday and Wednesday and thankfully Adeline did not get sick.  But since we were all sick we had to cancel all of my family plans including Christmas Eve with my grandparents and Christmas day with my Mom.  The Lord gave me strength to still cook the meal but I just had my Dad come and pick it up.
I know that these things happen but boy was it hard.  I am praying that next year we can all be healthy.

No comments: