Adeline and Andrew

Adeline and Andrew

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Day

James and I were still pretty much out of it today.  We tried to make the best of it with the kids before we headed home.  We finished our nativity with Jesus being born.  This is the second year we have done our felt nativity board.  Grandma had given us our very own as a gift over Thanksgiving.  So fun that we have our own now and will be able to use it every year.

Adeline read the last day scripture and meditation.  Some day soon both kids will be able to read and go back and forth.....
My dear friend Angela will be heading off to Indonesia in a week to start her calling as a missionary.  I was not able to see her off because we were sick and I am glad I didn't because that would have been terrible for her if she got sick and then had to travel.  She gave gifts to my Dad and he dropped them off when he stopped by to pick up the food on Christmas Eve.  I am glad that we left these until Christmas day so that the kids had a present to open.
Adeline got a very sweet doll who represents an orphan from Afghanistan and had a story book telling about her life.  Andrew got his first toy Minion.....they were both so happy.  Thank you sweet Angela for loving my kids and being so generous.

And then came the time to leave.  The kids did not want to say good bye to Aunt Erin....they were holding her down.

No comments: