Adeline and Andrew

Adeline and Andrew

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Nice to meet you Miss. Liberty

Once we made it to the island we quickly went into the air conditioned facility to cool off.  It was packed with so many people that it didn't really feel that much better.  We ate lunch and then headed on our way to our audio tour.  James and I walked around the island, stopping in the shade at different spots, learning all about The Statue of Liberty's history.  In 1912 my Great Grandparents came over from Italy and were greeted by this welcoming statue. (that was not included in the audio tour, it's just something I wanted to share). 

Our view from the left side of The Statue of Liberty.
I had to find myself a comfortable spot to rest my head.

Here we are.  What a special time.
And James, being James....holding a water bottle and his phone trying to be the Statue of Liberty.

No comments: