Adeline and Andrew

Adeline and Andrew

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Hey 5k

The morning after going to a fun concert I ran my second 5k listening to Need To Breathe.  My friend Cindy signed me up for the Hey 5k, which is actually run by Hey Radio, a Christian station. (too much leap frog in our car not enough radio).  It was pretty neat to pray before the race began (that is as a whole group, because I am ALWAYS praying before the gun goes off).    James, his parents, Erin and the kids made it just in time, to see me cross the finish line.  So fun to have a cheering section.  I ran the 5k in 24:33, a 7:55 minute mile average and :11 seconds off my last 5k time.  I even came in 3rd in my age division
Thank you husband for always building me up and encouraging me.  I don't know what I ever did to deserve you.  But I'm glad you're mine.
Thank you kiddo's for being my #1 fans.
A special thanks to Adeline who came to cheer me on even though she didn't feel so well.
Thank you family for supporting me in something I love to do.
Thank you friend for the special bond we share in Christ.  And for the days every week we get to workout together....I look forward to each one of them.
I think I had a little too much speed left at the end.  
Next 5k I run I'm going to actually train for it and I better be knocking off more than :11 seconds.
Cindy blew away her last time and came in 7th in our age division.  Good Job Cindy!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

What a couple of sweaty sexy hot mommas :-)