Adeline and Andrew

Adeline and Andrew

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Andrew Thomas-Frederick Bean

Do you see that??? That's right it is a penis!!!! We are having a boy and we couldn't be any happier. He wasn't shy at all :-)

The few days leading up to the ultra-sound weren't the easiest. We chose to do the quad test (which I had done with Adeline) and this time it came back with an abnormal reading. We were then sent to Spectrum Maternal Fetal Medicine for a more detailed ultra-sound and an amniocentesis option. We had a 4% chance that the baby had down syndrome.

You would never hear me say that I wanted a boy vs. girl, just that I wanted a healthy baby and that I was happy to be pregnant. But....part of me had this desire to have a boy and if we did there would be no need for InVitro again. When I saw the penis I just sobbed. I couldn't believe it. I really thought it was a girl. God was telling me that everything was going to be okay and that by the way I gave you a boy too.

Everything on the ultra-sound came back good. Andrew has no extra skin on his neck and has a nose bone which are true indicators of Downs. He does have a shortened Femur but nothing drastic and not enough to say he has Downs. In the Doctor's professional opinion there was no need for an amniocentesis and instead of a 4% chance we now have a 5% chance. There is a risk of miscarriage with the amniocentesis and that is something we are not willing to take at this time. If we want a 100% answer we could have the test done when I am 30 weeks running the risk of pre-term delivery. We are believing that Andrew is healthy and are trusting God with the rest.

Isn't he beautiful. I can't wait to see a little James running around. I am sure he will be naughty but Adeline will keep him in place.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you. We will continue to pray for a healthy little boy.
the menefee family

Ang said...

SO happy that you are safe and well and SO excited about Andrew. :)
!!!

We've been praying for you this week. Very much.

Love you!

Ang

Bethany said...

Ha ha, I love how he's pretty much spread eagle. So excited that a nephew is on the way!!!