Adeline and Andrew

Adeline and Andrew

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Keeping Christ in Christmas

Day 14: Make a candy cane ornament


"God, my Shepherd! I don't need a thing, I am not afraid when you walk at my side. Your trusty shepherd's crook makes me feel secure...." Psalm 23:1, 4b(The Message)


We read "The Legend of the Candy Cane" and discussed the symbolism of it's shape and colors. I did not grow up with this story and never even heard of it until now. What an amazing book. Adeline was so drawn to it especially the part of Jesus being whipped and beaten. She told me that she wished she would have been there so that she could tell the people who didn't believe in Jesus not to do that because He is God's son. Really? She is four and she is totally grasping the idea that Jesus died for our sins.

No comments: