Adeline and Andrew

Adeline and Andrew

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

And then there were four....


James, Adeline and I had our first ultra-sound for Baby Bean #2. It was so nice to see a heart beat. The baby is measuring perfectly at 8 weeks showing a due date of February 2. Adeline did pretty good for the most part but she really wanted to sit on the table with Mommy.

I didn't call many people because like last time with Adeline many were hoping for twins. I almost felt like I would be letting them down. I was equally excited about having one or two, and either gender; the truth is I am just thankful to be pregnant again. I am thankful that God has allowed Doctors and science the ability to make it possible for couples like us.

Am I disappointed that we aren't having twins? No. Even though I felt like with all James and I have to go through to get pregnant it would be nice to have twins (because we would be done) and I wouldn't have to have any more crazy hormones going through my body, I knew that I couldn't handle it. It might be different if James worked at home or something but for the most part it would be me and the kids. And then there is Adeline. How would I be able to give her the attention she needed if I had two babies to take care of. It would be really hard.

Thank you for your prayers and please keep them coming. We are very happy over here at the Bean house and appreciate all of our family and friends who care so much about us.

5 comments:

Kate Rudd said...

aww.
hi, beautiful Bean.

:)


So happy for you guys!

Bethany said...

Oh my goodness, I saw the title "and then there were 4" and at first I thought you were pregnant with quads!I took a huge gulp of air, like HOW is that going to happen?!?! ANd then realized the other three were You, James, and Adeline. Now I get it. That is awesome you got an ultrasound already! Glad to know everything is as it should be!

Tara Petty said...

Congratulations. That is a beautiful picture of your new Bean.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the Beans! We will continue to keep you in our prayers!
Jen

momtastic said...

Yay! Congrats to you and your family! What exciting news!