Adeline and Andrew

Adeline and Andrew

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, October 1, 2010

Andrew's First Hair Cut

After all of the mullet comments I finally set up an appointment for Andrew to get his hair cut. It was hard to find a time that James could make it but he said that it was ok if he wasn't there. I called my mom and asked her to come with me so we picked her up on the way. Andrew only napped for about an hour of the trip so I was preparing myself for what might be.
...and I was right. As soon as we stepped into John's shop Andrew gripped onto me. Once we sat down it was all over. Then we both needed to wear the covers to protect us from hair and Andrew did not like being restricted.
I love this look of Andrew while he is looking at John and his scissors.
It was one of the first times I have seen John at work. He was so fast (I think he has done this before). As he was cutting he kept saying "he is so cute". He told me that really Andrew was doing well because he has some kids that are being defiant on purpose.
It didn't take long at all and then all of a sudden his hair was gone. John had already saved me some hair and put it into an envelope so quickly I didn't notice.
John had to go and talk to a customer so we had a small break. There we looked for the pacifier that we thought might help.
Adeline really was a good girl during the cut but I don't think she liked Andrew getting all the attention.
My little boy trying to get his fingers through the cape.
John came back for some final touches.
A little buzz around the edges and we're finished.

Unfortunately I don't think this helped Uncle John John's relationship with Andrew but I know in time Andrew will look forward to having his Uncle cut his hair. Thank you John! And thank you Nana for spending this special moment with us.

No comments: