Adeline and Andrew

Adeline and Andrew

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, September 4, 2009

Sweet Adeline

...my sweet Adeline came down with some virus as quickly as I can snap my fingers. Last night before dinner while we were coloring at the table she said that she needed to go to the bathroom. James took her and while she was going she started to vomit. I was quickly called upstairs, gave her a bath and cleaned up the bathroom. Adeline continued to shake and carried a temperature of 102 (under the arm). She threw up three more times before going to bed and her entire body continued to be extremely hot. I was finally able to get some Tylenol down her this morning before we went to the Doctors and she seemed to really perk up. At the Doctors she didn't even have a temp....I thought we were free and clear. But, as soon as we got home she started to shut down. I checked her temp. and it is back up to 102. She was able to keep down some toast and water, which is good. She tested negative for the flu at the office but has swollen glands.
She is now sound asleep in bed. She NEVER falls asleep while I am reading to her. She always asks/begs for just one more book. Just a couple of minutes ago she was out by time I was half way through the first book. I hope this rest does her good. I am just always afraid of her having another seizure.
I don't know which is harder...watching Adeline when she was really little throwing up, or watching her stand at the toilet with tears running down her face, having her tell you how bad she feels.
Please pray for her to get better and for our family, that no one else gets sick (especially Andrew).

1 comment:

Tara Petty said...

I am so sorry that your Adeline is sick. I hope she feels better quickly and that no one else in the Bean family gets it.