Adeline and Andrew

Adeline and Andrew

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Staying positive

So I am trying to take some advise from an encouraging voice and celebrate these milestones of my kids and not let them get me down. Andrew is growing up too fast and the thought of being done having kids makes each new step he takes both happy and sad.
At seven months Andrew is sleeping consistently through the night. What finally did it? A couple of nights I was gone and James gave him a bottle to bed (full 8oz.). That was it. He probably just fell asleep too early while nursing and didn't get that much milk. Now a decision I could have made and did contemplate was still nursing him to bed and waking up two times each night. This choice meant being done with nursing because he is given bottles during the day. It was VERY hard to give up. There were some difficulties along the way (pooping while he ate, being easily distracted) but we made it through. He was a great eater from day one. I really miss it. I am thankful though that I was able to nurse for seven months.
I am continuing to pump during the day and feed him bottles with Adeline running around. It works best for everyone. Andrew is happy because he is still getting his food (doesn't matter to him), Adeline is happy because she doesn't have to be quiet, and Mommy is happy because she has two happy kids.
So, I am sad to no longer be nursing but happy to be sleeping through the night. Happy that I have two healthy kids. Happy that I can still pump (thank you Lindsey and Angela). Happy that everyone else is happy.

No comments: