Adeline and Andrew

Adeline and Andrew

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Very different the second time around....

This is the final stretch. It already seems to have gone by so fast and I know that these next few months will go by even faster. (especially with the holidays) The nursery is coming along and most of all the baby stuff is clean and ready. It is so nice to already have so much, that I am not worrying about what we have and what we still need. Thankfully some generous friends are lending us their boy clothes and crib. (Thanks Rob and Kim) It has already helped us out so much with Adeline getting her clothes from friends (Morse's, Olthoff's, Diller's)....we are VERY thankful.
Last pregnancy I was able to enjoy every kick and movement. This time I feel guilty having gone all day not paying attention to Andrew. (something about a two year old running around) I want him to know how loved he already is and how excited we are to meet him. I am so thankful that we have insurance that paid for almost everything. If that were not the case I don't think we would have been able to have any more kids.
How will I do with two kids? How will I make sure to be intentional with Adeline with my time so that she doesn't feel left out? How will I soak up every moment as if it were my last with each of them? These questions seem to fill my mind constantly.
I want to meet Andrew desperately. But...I really want this time with Adeline. I want her to know and never doubt how much I love her. How special she is. How beautiful she is. Children are a blessing. And I feel VERY blessed with our children. Thank you Lord for giving me the privilege to be a Mommy. It is the best thing that has ever happened to me. (besides my wonderful husband of course)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your kids with us! Adeline is such a blessing to me and I can't wait for Andrew to join the family. So exciting! Love you, Charity.
~Bets

Anonymous said...

i remember having those same feelings while pregnant with abbie, i loved ellie so much, would i love #2 just as much? how would i have time for them both?
the love comes from a place that only God knows of. and you learn when they need their special time with you. it is so fun seeing two little one's, they both came from you, but they can be so different.
also, i can't believe how high you are carrying Andrew!! at least i think you are high, what do you think?
have fun these last few months! it's the final countdown!!
be blessed, jackie lautzenheiser

Anonymous said...

Both Adeline and Andrew are blessed to have a mom like you who cherishes them so much (James is great too, but I'm talking about you now!)
God blesses and provides for us during the added responsibilities within those blessings. Can't wait for the next couple of months to not only spend time with you but to meet my new nephew!
-Aunt Erin

Kate Rudd said...

I remember feeling this way when I was pregnant for Ginger. It was so different being pregnant while chasing a toddler!


I can't wait to meet Andrew. He's lucky to have Adeline for a big sister. :)

Trav, Jess, and Aden Daugherty said...

You look wonderful Charity! I completely understand all the questions about getting ready for #2. It's hard to imagine another little one, but I am so excited for you guys and know Andrew is going to be such a perfect addition to your already wonderful little fam. We're praying lots during this last few weeks- it's fun to keep in touch through the blog. Blessings, Jess