Adeline and Andrew

Adeline and Andrew

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's Potty Time....

(This was after a dry night...first thing in the morning...she told me "no smiles")


Before my surgery we were making some pretty good progress in the potty area. After my surgery and a week of being away from Adeline we were back at square one. We then stayed at square one for the last two months. I needed to heal and get to a place where I knew if I started this I could finish it.

So....for the last two weeks we have been hard at work. No "real" panties but pull-ups. (Diego not Dora) I am not ready for the pee on the furniture and I want her to start to recognize going a little more before we truly transition. The first week she went about once to twice a day. The second week pretty much the same thing . On Saturday, 5 times....on Sunday, 6 times (including poo-poo without a "turtle head" start)....on Monday, 7 times (a poo-poo, and only one accident)...and this morning she woke up with a dry diaper and went right on the potty and things are going the same as every other day. I know that this is just a couple of days but this is excellent progress and has me very motivated.

For now we have a potty timer going off every 30min. to 1 hour. We always read while on the potty and sometimes Barbie and Ken join us. Her first Potty chart filled up right away and the second one is almost done. Our first bag of M&M's is empty and we just went to the store to buy a "big" bag.

We are very proud.....can you tell?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow- you should be proud! The picture says it all- juice, a book, half-naked... that's the way to poop :-). Probably one of my favorite pics. Can't wait to see you guys soon!
~Bets