Adeline and Andrew

Adeline and Andrew

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Mommy and Addy's 30 week appt.

So today my appointment was different than most. Not only was Adeline there but so was James. With Adeline, James made it to every InVitro appointment and every pre-natal appointment. This time he has only been able to make a few.
I am doing much better this time around with my weight. At this point I am 10 pounds less than I was with Adeline. I am also carrying much higher which doesn't make me feel like such a "fattie" when looking in the mirror. Andrew definitely lets me know how high he is by always punching/kicking against my ribs. It doesn't hurt but is a little uncomfortable. I never felt Adeline against my ribs.
I used to believe the wives tales about the heart rate telling you if it were a boy vs. girl, but with Andrew his has been consistent with Adeline's. Always ranging from the 150's-140's. I thought for sure he was a she when I had my first appointment and the heart rate was 170.
The best part about my appointment today (besides hearing Andrew) was after Dr. Karnes was done checking my belly for Andrew's position and I sat up. Adeline was sitting with her Daddy and really wanted to sit on the table with me. James put her up and she immediately laid down and pulled up her shirt. She wasn't wanting a "tickle" like I thought but she wanted Dr. Karnes to check her belly too. It was so cute. Dr. Karnes played right along and checked her stomach and her baby. She was very happy to hear that everything was the way that it should be.

2 comments:

Kate Rudd said...

Aw - I love Dr. Karnes! He's a great person and a really compassionate physician. I'm glad you and Andrew are in such good care. :)

Anonymous said...

don't you love the cute things they do?