Adeline and Andrew

Adeline and Andrew

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, May 18, 2012

Ten Years!

 Ten years ago today I married my best friend.  That day in front of 400 plus people and before God we made a commitment, not to just stay together but to love each other and put the others needs first.  To grow together, to learn together, and to become a family.  We have a home that we love.  We live in a great neighborhood.  We belong to an amazing church.  And we have been blessed with two beautiful children.  We are grateful.

 So, not expecting anything (because we plan to go to NY in August) I was very surprised when James gave me this ring.  The ring is a custom made white gold band with two amethyst's (representing James and I) surrounded by two clusters of diamonds (representing our two kids).  I was caught off guard and a little worried as to how James paid for it.  This is the best part.....with our late Aunt Polly's jewelry that she bought off of HSN, James (with the permission of his parents), took stones from two rings that have been on consignment at a local jeweler and made this ring.  It gets even better with when he came to pay they told him that they actually owed him $100.00.  This was because there were still scraps from the old rings and the gold.  So I got a beautiful ring (with my birthstone) to represent our ten years together and we didn't have to pay anything.  God is good.
 We enjoyed a wonderful dinner with amazing live music at Portobello's in Grand Haven....and then we turned in for the night (if you know what I mean).
I'm so thankful for the past ten years of marriage and looking forward to many, many more.  
I love you James.

No comments: