Adeline and Andrew

Adeline and Andrew

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Special Addy Night





Adeline is at that tough age were correction seems to come more and more. Sometimes I feel like that is all I have done all day. Even amidst the correction I mentally remind myself to encourage her, uplift her, and let her know how special and loved she is every day....many times a day. With that being said Adeline did so good all weekend with two younger ones around. She loved on Brooke calling her "Brookie" and encouraged Andrew each time he took steps. But she still needed a lot of correction and redirection. So I thought it would be nice to have a special night just for her and the adults. Aunt Bethany picked up Go Fish and Old Maid and we all played and then we played her balloon game. My favorite part was watching Adeline really enjoy herself and also when I continued to tell her not to tell anyone if she had the Old Maid of course she was the one I dealt it to and the first thing she said was "I have the Old Maid". Silly girl. Thankfully Daddy ended up with it!


Special note: while eating lunch we were all talking to Adeline and someone asked her a question referring to Aunt Bethany and Adeline said you mean "butt crack girl?" I was like "what?"..she said "butt crack girl" and then pointed to Bethany's behind. I think we all about choked on our food.

No comments: