Adeline and Andrew

Adeline and Andrew

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Great Aunt Polly


James and I have been together (dating and marriage...besides the 4 time he broke up with me:-)) for 12 years now. Each year including the first we have always gone to vacation in Sarasota, FL. For more than half of the those years Aunt Polly had lived next door to Grandpa and we would always stay with her. She would literally be in her chair the whole time watching movies, the home shopping network, and televised church services. Right next to her was a t.v tray with all of her meds, ash tray and cigarettes. In the early years she would go to work at night and come back in the morning and sleep all day in her chair. I have many good memories with Aunt Polly but my most cherished was once she had sold her house (big bummer) and moved to Illinois. James' parents, myself and Adeline all went to see her back in 2007. She really wanted to meet Adeline (especially since she was named after her late sister, Grandma Adeline). Adeline was walking then and was very interactive and I think it really meant a lot to Aunt Polly. I also am glad that Adeline had the chance to meet her.
In the last year Aunt Polly had sold her house and moved into a senior center. We periodically would call her and let Adeline(peanut) talk to her. James' parents have been great stewards of the Lord taking care of her finances, helping her move out of her house and staying very connected.
Aunt Polly passed away last week. She was 80 years old. James and Adeline drove to Illinois (16 hour round trip)(Andrew and I stayed home, too much for the little guy) and went to her funeral this past weekend. And like her nephew Fred Bean said "she is now breathing heavenly air" and is reunited with her husband Charlie and sister Adeline.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I like your post. I like the line that "she is now breathing heavenly air". That makes me happy. I never had a chance to meet Aunt Polly. (Sad.)Someday in heaven I will be really excited to meet her.