Adeline and Andrew

Adeline and Andrew

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Little House on the Prairie


Adeline and I started reading the first of eight books when she was about four years old.  We would take breaks here and there reading others books together but we would continue to plug away and follow Laura Ingalls Wilder and her childhood.  I feel like taking our time really worked out because we hit the last two books this last year and Adeline was old enough to get caught up in the life and romance of Laura and Almonzo.  And when I say romance I mean him walking her home from church, taking her on sleigh rides, and proposing to her.  Adeline and I grew to love these books and it is very bitter-sweet that we are now done.  This has been our "thing".  Adeline said the boys (Daddy and Andrew) have Iron Man (a video game) and we have Little House.
Although I am sad that we are done I am excited to start reading some other fun books together.  Adeline plans to go back and read the books on her own now.  She probably hardly remembers the first few books.  I love my little reader, her big imagination, and the time we share each night on her top bunk getting pulled into a story....followed by a snuggle.  I don't see how a night can get any better than that.

No comments: