Adeline and Andrew

Adeline and Andrew

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My boy

As I sit here I am filled with love for one special little man. It has been a little over five months since our latest and last addition was made to our family. I remember when I first saw the ultra-sound that showed we were having a boy and I was over come with emotion. I was expecting a girl but really wanted a boy. For some reason I thought that if this is something I really want I am not going to get it so just be happy with what you have (which I would have been), BUT I was so happy and thankful when I saw his third little(big) leg:-)
This sweet baby makes me smile every time I see him. He rarely cries or is sad. He is the most easy going baby and just seems to love life. He and I spend a lot of time together. It was no secret that nursing was very hard for me with Adeline. For Andrew and I we had a really great start but once he hit about three months he was unable to nurse without getting upset or distracted and it made my days very tough. It wasn't anything he was doing or anything I was doing but it was becoming very difficult and hard on me emotionally. Not to mention he would not take to a bottle. But now for the last three weeks, since James has been home more he has been taking a bottle (even from me) during the day (pumped breast milk) and nursing before bed, at night, and in the morning. So pretty much half and half. This has made things so much better around our house and allows me to be a better mom to Adeline. It is funny to me because Andrew couldn't nurse with any noise (like a 2 year old screaming), but he takes a bottle great while he is turned out watching anything and everything. This allows me to appreciate nursing more and it makes the times he and I do get together very special. Plus it is nice having a happy baby and a happy eater:-) You do what works right? And he is still getting the good boobie milk, just not always the boob.

My favorite things about Andrew are:
His feet
His little furry patch above his butt
His fuzzy hair
His VERY rolly thighs
His little nose
His sweet lips
His baby breath
His chubby cheeks (both)
His cinnamon roll belly button
His two colic's
His feet
His happy smile
His pouty lip
His dependence on me (most of the time)
His laid back personality
His new found language
How he smiles when I say "Ma, Ma" (I'm trying, Adeline said Da, Da first)
How he looks up to and admires Adeline
How he instantly laughs and smiles the moment I start to sing to him (he doesn't know what is in tune or not yet....lucky me)
How he plays with my hair (plays not pulls)
Did I mention his feet
His love for stories (even is they are Princess stories)
His giggle
How ticklish he is
How quickly he seems to be progressing and advancing

I could go on and on. You just have to spend a few moments with him to see what I mean. And did I mention how cute he is? Really cute!!!! And he smells soooooo good "mmmm, so good"

No comments: