Adeline and Andrew

Adeline and Andrew

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Today...

I always debate about going to church by myself when James has to work in the morning. Mostly because Adeline hasn't done well lately in the class and will just cry for me. Plus with being 9 1/2 months pregnant it is hard to carry her and if she is loud in the service I am spending all of my time trying to quiet her and not getting any of the message. The last time I took her just the two of us I ended up taking her to her class because she was too loud in the service and she stood at the gate screaming "I'll be quiet, I'll be quiet". We ended up leaving early because I could hear her screams all the way to the cafeteria.
This week I brought snacks, juice, books and toys. I told her that she could sit with me but she needed to be quiet when Dave spoke. And that if she wasn't quiet I would need to take her into the class with all of the other kids. As soon as we got there she started whispering to me that she wanted a muffin. I got her a bagel and whenever she needed something else she would rub my arm and whisper. We even had two boys behind us under a year that were making noise and Adeline took it upon herself to tell the boys to "be quiet...shhhhhh" I was so proud of her and how well she did. To be honest I didn't think she could do it but I was once again surprised at how much she understands and at how she can choose to make good decisions.
During the worship portion I did hold Adeline and she just snuggled into me. I was brought to tears with the fact that soon it will not be like this much longer. My arms will not carry only Adeline and my time will not be spent with just Adeline. I love Adeline so much and am amazed at what a beautiful "Big" girl she is becoming. Andrew will be very blessed to have such a wonderful sister who is going to "love him, and hug him, and say 'there, there, it's okay baby Andrew'"

1 comment:

Tara Petty said...

Adeline sounds like a wonderful daughter. I know I have enjoyed the time I have spent with her.

I teared up reading this, thinking about how quickly children grow up and how much things change in a flash. It seems like just yesterday you and James found out you were pregnant with Adeline.

And now, Andrew will be here in a matter of weeks.

It sounds like you are cherishing this time with Adeline. I am sure that you will do great adjusting to life with two children.

They are lucky to have great parents like you and James.