Adeline and Andrew

Adeline and Andrew

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Adeline's school field trip...

And of course in May after having a very hot week....the one day Adeline has her field trip and it is raining and cold.  Andrew was going to have a playdate with a friend while I went with Adeline but first thing this morning I got a call and they were all sick through the night.  So thankfully Miss. Bulthuis allowed Andrew to come along.  Let's just say that because of the weather I don't think anyone was really excited about this trip.  And did I mention that we were outside all day....yup!  Alright enough complaining, time to put on my happy face for the kids.
 We divided up into groups and for the first part of the morning we went through the park checking soil, looking for different leaves, flowers, insects.  Unfortunately because there was so much rain many of the bridges were covered with water and because of the cold Spring many of the plants hadn't bloomed yet.  The kids hung in there and enjoyed writing in their journals, and drawing pictures.
 Andrew sure did feel like a big kid walking with all the second graders.  I'm not going to lie, it would have been a lot easier if he weren't here but he did pretty well and for that I am thankful.
 Addy and Lakeland
Alex, Mallory, and Addy
 Before we got all the lunches out the workers told us they were going to have us eat outside.  Did I mention that it was wet, raining, and cold.  I don't know what they were thinking because the picnic tables were soaked.  Thankfully we talked them into letting us stay inside.
 Andrew with Defonte and one of the twins either Talon or Taylor.
 Addy decorated Andrew's lunch bag and I just had to take a picture.  What a sweet sister.
 Me and my little lady
 We're about to head off to the pond study....after watching a fun 1980's informational film.
 This was the kids most favorite part.  We caught a couple tadpoles.  Some were in the in-between stage of becoming frogs (top right)....pretty cool.  
 Defonte with his finds
 My group, Defonte, Adeline, Lakeland, and Andrew
Andrew getting some extra help from one of the helpers.
We survived it...and it really did turn out to be a fun day even with our soaked shoes and socks.  I made sure to bring Adeline some new shoes and socks to change into when they all made it back to the school.

No comments: