Adeline and Andrew

Adeline and Andrew

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 17, 2010

An eventful reunion






James and I were really looking forward to seeing our friends Jason and Nisae and their family. The last time that we saw them was in April of 2006. Nisae and I have been friends ever since we were born. We were the type of friends that made our own BFF pants. Nisae and I were also roommates in college for a year. It was there at GLCC that she met Jason and after dating were married and attended New Tribes to become missionaries. I remember way back when Nisae wanted to be a missionary and then to actually see her meet the man of her dreams that shared the same passion...that was incredible to watch.

The Williamsons are back in the states for a year after serving 3 1/2 years in Papua New Guinea. There they live within a tribe, learn their language, tell them about Jesus and translate the written bible for them. It is an amazing story.

After church their family came over to the Bean house to have lunch and spend the day catching up. It was so nice to see them and hear their stories. Unfortunately during lunch while we were all sitting down and James Mom was playing with Andrew he started to have a seizure. He was hot before we sat down and had been playing with his ears so I took him out of his shirt but never would I have thought he would have had a seizure. James Mom yelled for me and I immediately took Andrew and then Dad Bean (the Dr.) came and asked if I wanted him to take Andrew. Of course I said yes. He then took Andrew to the couch, laid him sideways on his lap, and held him throughout the seizure. He held his hand on his chest to make sure he was still breathing and talked us through different options of what we should do next. It brought back such awful memories of Adeline's seizure that I was just in a bit of shock. It is really hard to stand and watch your little baby seizing, foaming at the mouth and turning purple and feel completely helpless. And the thought runs through your mind again....is this going to be the last time I see my baby?

Thankfully Andrew came out of the seizure. We gave him some Motrin and then went to the ER. I wasn't happy with the ER Doc who spent all but five minutes with us and just said it was probably an ear infection (even though he couldn't see in his ears because he had ear wax right in front of the ear drum) and gave us a prescription. No blood work, no chest x-ray...nothing. Once Andrew's fever came down I was able to feed him and he started to come around to his old self. My dad came to the hospital and Jason and Nisae also came. Not exactly how we planned on catching up.

When we got back to the Bean house Andrew slept for the rest of the day.....in his diaper. We then spent a couple more hours with the Williamson's and then they left and we went back home.

I am looking forward to seeing them again soon. Hopefully this next time will not involve any sick kids.

....side note: I took Andrew in the following Tuesday and he was diagnosed (by chest x-ray) with Pneumonia and an ear infection.

No comments: