Adeline and Andrew

Adeline and Andrew

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, May 1, 2009

Honestly.....

...I am wore out. This transition to two kids has had both good and tough parts. The good....having a beautiful/healthy baby boy, watching Adeline interact and accept her new role as a big sister. The bad...the house is ALWAYS dirty, laundry never done, dishes dirty, dinner rarely made. With James working so much in the retail world it has made it really hard at home.

I have no energy or motivation. I am glad the weather is getting warmer because that at least gets us out of the house. But...I am tired.

What do I wish????

I wish I wasn't tired.
I wish I could play more with Adeline.
I wish I was more creative with our time. (too many movies)
I wish Andrew was a public feeder. (someday right?)
I wish I could snap my fingers and the house would be spotless.
I wish my breasts would fully regulate.
I wish I could be a better mom.

I'm just tired.

.....but I know and continue to remind myself of my amazing husband and beautiful children. Love will get us through.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charity-

Just over a month and I will be DEFINITELY be up for babysitting duty. Until then just know that you ARE a fabulous mother and your kids are lucky to have you in their lives!
Love, love- Aunt Erin

Rick and Vicki said...

You are a wonderful mom. You love your children so much and they are beautiful. Thanks for being honest about being tired. I think, as moms, sometimes we think we always have to appear to have it all togther and have everything organized. I struggle with it too. You are awesome and if your house isn't spotless - who cares. But please, do wash the underwear! :) Seriously, I will pray for you to have extra energy. You are doing the toughest and most rewarding job on earth.
Love ya, Vicki

Kate Rudd said...

I'm glad I got to see you so much today :) (and got some great snuggle time with this baby I really like..)

Transition from one to two is really tough. Two to four is also tough ;) , evidenced by our messy house and general chaos..but I agree - love helps you get through. I think you're a great mom.

And thank heaven for warm weather!

Bethany said...

Hang in there! You're doing a great job and I know that BECAUSE you're worn out. Maybe we could go get pedicures when we're home and everyone else could watch the kids? ;)
Thanks for your honesty. I will be praying for you for strength and endurance.