Adeline and Andrew

Adeline and Andrew

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, March 21, 2008

It took everything in me....

...not to run after this little girl and bite her back!

As I was about to enter into the cardio room at NP I decided to look in and see how Adeline was. I saw her walk up to a little girl who was sitting in a chair with a baby. Watching Adeline's lips she was saying "baby, baby" and went to grab the baby.

Then this cute, sweet girl got up out of her chair, grabbed Adeline's wrist and sunk her teeth into "my baby's" little fist. The look on Adeline's face was even more frightening as she didn't know what was happening or what to do. I darted towards the door to rescue my daughter from this not so cute or sweet little vulture.

When I opened the door there was this blood curdling scream. I rushed to her as fast as I could, picked her up and held her in my arms.

I used to think of Adeline as a little aggressive but after watching this I realize maybe she isn't as aggressive as I thought. What would I have done if Adeline was the one that bit?(story goes that her Aunt Erin was a biter)

Even though I was very protective of Adeline I have now realized that some day we might be on the other side of things and it is up to us to teach Adeline the difference between good and bad choices. After about five minutes and some ice (because the teeth marks were still there and her fingers were swelling up), Adeline was feeling better and asking for her "Mer-May" (Mermaid) book. Adeline soon got up acting like she had already forgotten what just happened and was on to the next thing.

3 comments:

Rick and Vicki said...

Wow, I'm glad sweet Adeline is ok. What a difficult situation to be in. You handled it well.

Anonymous said...

you should have beat her up! Who is she..Where does she live!? Missy

Anonymous said...

Just teach Addy the Judo Chop and she will be fine.
Aunt Erin was kicked out of the nursery for biting other babies.
Bethany wins Best Bean Aunt again!
Favorite Uncle