Adeline and Andrew

Adeline and Andrew

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving Day Meal...

I was extremely grateful for my Bean family.  Last night we were driving to Olivet and found out that the couple Mom Bean had invited to our Thanksgiving meal were not going to make it.  I had felt torn ever since I heard that my Aunt Terry was not coming up for Thanksgiving (my cousin Justina was in the hospital).  I wanted to be in two places at once.  I thought about doing a meal later in the afternoon, thought about just going the Grandpa's and thought about just going to the Bean house.  While we were driving I asked James to ask his mom what she thought about inviting my Grandpa, Dad, Uncle, and John all to the dinner.  Without hesitation she said yes.  We stopped in Charlotte to bring John a pie and then drove over the the American Legion where Dad, Grandpa and Uncle Steve were playing Euchre.  I went in and surprised them and told them that they had won an all expenses paid Thanksgiving dinner.  Dad and Uncle Steve were in and told Grandpa that is where they all were going.  This is hard on Grandpa...hard without Grandma.  It's hard on all of us.  And I am glad we can spend it and go through it together.
 Special name tags made by the kids and Erin and I.




 The food is out and we are ready to eat.
My heart is full.

No comments: