Adeline and Andrew

Adeline and Andrew

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Sweet Adeline

Adeline,

It is so hard for me to believe that it has been a year since the Lord brought you to me. Your Daddy and I watched the video of you entering into the world last night. It was pretty close to the exact same time that you were born. Every time I watch the video I am filled with emotion. That day, that moment was so special. I wanted you more than anything I have ever wanted in my life. And at 1:02 am you were here. My baby, our baby. Perfect. Beautiful. Healthy. Sweet Adeline.

I remember holding you and not letting you go. I counted your fingers, I counted your toes, and I held you close soaking it in. I remember crying so hard almost convulsing because I was holding a miracle. That's what you are sweetie, a miracle.

You are special. You are loved.

I love your smile, your giggle, your motor boat, your toes, your words, the way you bounce when you are on your feet, your eyes, how you make your fussy face and breath in through your nose when you are angry, your deep laugh, when you reach for me, when you lay your head on my shoulder, your rolls, your cheeks, your cry, the smell/feel of your skin, your little nose, your determined look, your lips, the way you chew your food, your two bottom teeth, your fingers, your little body (especially without any clothes on), your birthmark on your back, your ears, your confused look, your lips, your smile when you see Elmo or hear Bibidi-Bobidi-Boo, your squeals, your little pony tail, your chubby legs. The list could go on and on.

Adeline, I love you. (almost as much as I love Daddy) Remember that honey. You're my princess. Happy 1st Birthday!

2 comments:

misty diller said...

you are an amazing mommy! thanks for sharing your love for your birthday girl. we love you all so much!!

The World through Angel's Eyes said...

She is, in fact, a miracle. I still remember the day that we found out she was on the way. How exciting and how amazing that she is now 1! I love you guys and the wonderful family that you are. Hope to see you soon.
Love,
Angel